Customize the event website domain
Eventee allows you to use your own domain for the event website that is generated from your event content. In this article, you will learn how to do that.
To set up a custom domain for your event website you need to first of all:
- Choose a domain registrar or use domain tools (like iwantmyname.com) to find and buy a domain name that's available.
- Create a DNS record based on how many levels your custom domain contains. Your registrar should have instructions on how to implement the proper CNAME or A-record. See the table below.
| Two levels
|Point A-record (IP address) to 18.104.22.168|
| Three or more levels
(e.g. event.mywebsite.com, blog.mywebsite.com)
|Point CNAME record to cname.eventee.co|
Now head over to your administration in Eventee:
- Go to Settings → Website
- Click the Custom domain button under your current event website link
- Enter your domain (e.g. mywebsite.com) or subdomain (e.g. blog.mywebsite.co)
- Click Save
Other things to note:
- If you need to access the web version of Eventee during the verification process of your custom domain, you can do it via Preview button in the top right corner
- Your attendees will be automatically redirected to your new custom domain
- You don't need to change the nameservers for your domain
- After re-configuring your domain, you may need to wait up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect
- Make sure that you test your domain and save the configurations in your administration in Eventee
- Don't use the same password for your Eventee account your domain registration account