How to use your event website
Websites are a great source of event information. Eventee generates a website from your created event content for free, so you don't have to create it from scratch, nor pay any additional fees to your current plan. You just need to decide what information you want to display on your website and in which order. You can manage your website content simply through Settings → Website. Don't worry, no coding skills are needed 😉
You can also use your own domain to customize your event website URL - learn how to do that here.
If your plan is Premium or higher, you can deactivate your website to hide it.
Each website has following sections. The order can be changed as you please:
- About the event - event description and video (e.g. event teaser)
- Sponsors - a place for displaying sponsor logos
- Schedule - the whole event agenda (open session detail with a single click on a session)
- Partners - clickable list of partners or exhibitors with additional information, links and files
- Speakers - list of all the speakers at your event (bio and contacts will show up after clicking on a speaker)
- Custom menu - add menu items with different content (share links, online surveys, PDF, images or plain text)
- Map - a map with a red locator, which indicates where your event is taking place
- Join event - a section with a button that will open the Eventee web app with your event content and engagement features
In the footer of the website, there are app download buttons that take attendees right to Appstore or Google Play.
With an Enterprise plan, you can hide the footer simply by switching it on in tab Settings → Website → Hide footer.
Web app for your attendees
Attendees can access your event on their mobile devices, but also on their desktops. The web app is accessible from your event website, via the button "Join event". The web version of Eventee brings convenience especially to virtual events, as the attendees of virtual events are more likely to use their computers before phones. When they click on a session in the schedule, the session detail will open up and they will see the live stream with all engagement features side by side, so they can very easily interact (ask questions, vote in polls, rate your speakers, and more) while watching live streams.
Constantin will show you what the web app looks like in this short video:
Are you planning to hold a virtual event with Eventee? You will find all the information about the virtual event support in the article
To customize the looks of your event website and web app go to tab Settings → Custom branding.